What kinds of personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
Personal information is collected when you actively complete our contact form. There is no other area of the website where we capture data in this way. By providing us with your contact details we will process your data in accordance with our full Privacy Notice.
Information is also captured by cookies to provide a better experience for the website user, and to provide Serchem with audience behaviours to ensure we provide a site that is both relevant and informative. Please see a detailed description of how cookies work below.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They remember information about your visit to a website such as which pages you looked out, what page you entered on or left the site from. They are used to personalise your experience based on your interaction with the site, and preferences you choose. At Serchem we use the following cookies:
Session cookies are used on this site as described:
- PHPSESSID – this cookie is used to ensure security and prevent spam by generating a unique random key. This cookie expires upon closing your internet browser.
Persistent cookies are used on this site as described:
- jsCookieCheck – this cookie is used to enhance the performance and functionality of the website and store user preferences. They are non-essential but may hinder functionality if disabled. This cookie persists for one year.
Third party cookies are used on this site as described:
- Google ReCAPTCHA – this cookie is used to protect the website from spam by capturing information on the user’s browser screen to subsequently verify the user is a person. This includes ticking a box that says “I am not a Robot” or clicking on pictures that match an object description (e.g. “click on all the squares that contain traffic lights”).
- Google Maps – this cookie allows Google Maps to remember which browser you are using and preferences you have set when you view maps.
- Google Analytics – this is used to collect anonymous users’ statistics such as landing and exit pages, type of device used to browse the website, and length of stay on a given page, for example.
- Further information on Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics cookie information
Our website is managed and maintained by Clickingmad Limited who are based in Shropshire, UK.
This policy was last reviewed and updated on 2nd October 2020. This is Version 2.0. Policies are periodically reviewed to ensure compliance with the appropriate legislation. For questions relating to this policy, please contact